function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Iris.AIris.A 

Unable to find valid certification path to requested target - Eclipse integration

I am unable to create a new Force.com project

I enter my username/password  & security token but I keep getting the same error

I tried both Eclipse 3.5 & 3.4 same thing happens.

I tried a new security token - still unable to connect.

Can anyone please help.

This is from the log

WARN [2012-10-19 16:10:51,784] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isLoginExceptionRetryable:95) - Login evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:

SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

WARN [2012-10-19 16:10:51,787] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isConnectionExceptionRetryable:131) - Connection evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:

SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

WARN [2012-10-19 16:10:51,789] (ProjectController.java:getRemotePackageNames:882) - Unable to get project packages for project 'Mileage Tracker': unable to find valid certification path to requested target

WARN [2012-10-19 16:10:51,805] (ProjectOrganizationPage.java:prepareNextPage:271) - Unable to load org details - package names and component enablement

sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(Unknown Source)

at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown Source)

dblazedblaze

Make sure that you are changing the enviornment option based on the login credentials you are providing for example:

Production = first.last@org.com

Sandbox = first.last@org.com.sandbox1

Also, be sure to check your username, when the using sandboxes, they like to append the name of the sandbox to the end of your production login similar to the example above if your sandbox is called sandbox1

Hope this helps!  Let me know if you are still having issues!

Iris.AIris.A

I am currently using developers edition - I am prototyping an application

the default envirnoment is production/developer edition which is what I want

I do enter my username as you specified and with my password I use the security Token

but still no success

henna alihenna ali
I too am having the same problem with my sandbox. The username, password, security token and env selected all are correct but still am not able to create a new force.com project in eclipse. I also tried with different eclipse versions but still facing the same issue.

Hope some one got it solved.

Thanks!