function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raj_SRaj_S 

Is is possible to get free trial of Enterprise Edition?

hi, Is is possible to get free trial of Enterprise Edition.

Thanks!

Raj S
werewolfwerewolf
I believe this trial signup page will give you an EE trial.
Raj_SRaj_S
Thanks so much!

Raj S
Raj_SRaj_S
hi, Can you please tell me How we can Add custom field from Accounts custom field & Relationship to Accounts layout page using web service call.  It's really Urgent!

**I am using Enterprise WSDL and Metadata WSDL.

Thanks for your time and support.

Raj S

werewolfwerewolf
May I first inquire as to why you want to do this with a web service instead of just making the change directly or making the change and packaging it?
Raj_SRaj_S
Thanks for the Reply.

Actually in my Application end Users are Hotel Owner's who are having salesforce account and we don't want them to do this all manually, I mean go to setup> Accounts> Page Layout > Accounts Layout  and select that custom field and add it to Account page layout. For this reason we want to use web service call to add that custom field to the page layout.. I am able to add that custom field to the Accounts Custom Fields and Relationships but not to the Accounts page Layout using web service call. I hope you understand my situation.

Thanks!

Raj S

werewolfwerewolf
Yes, but my point is that you can make these things in your application and then package them into an AppExchange application so that your users can just install it and get these custom fields.  That will probably be easier for you to do, plus you'll have a nice listing on the AppExchange.
Raj_SRaj_S
Thanks for your Suggestion. Actually the problem is i am really new to the salesforce and also in programming, and even i don't know much about AppExchange. Till now i did lot of work by using API access but i am now stuck on this point. For now can you please let me know how to add custom field to Account page layout using web service call.

Thanks so much!

Raj s
Raj_SRaj_S
Actually there is also one problem by using AppExchange. The problem is some of our end user are having Professional Edition. I think with professional Edition we can't use AppExchange feature but we can use API Access with some additional fee.

Thanks!

Raj S
Raj_SRaj_S
hi werewolf,
               I hope you will help me in this but for now Have a Great Weekend!

Raj S

werewolfwerewolf
Professional Edition can install apps from the AppExchange too.  I strongly recommend you go that route, as it will be much easier and more robust than trying to do it with the metadata API.

If you insist on doing it with the metadata API, then post the error that you're getting when you try to do it now.  Chances are that will give you a good clue as to what the problem is.
Raj_SRaj_S
If possible can you please tell me How i can add my application to appexchange package. I mean how i can go ahead by using appexchange.

Thanks.

Raj S
werewolfwerewolf
In Salesforce.com, log in and go to Help & Training, and look up the article entitled "Creating and Uploading Packages."  Making a package is really simple, it will take you all of 5 minutes, and a customer installing your package will find it to be a wizard-based, 3 click operation.  It's really a lot easier than the route you were going to take, I guarantee it.
Raj_SRaj_S
Thanks so much!