function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GrantSchenckGrantSchenck 

Enterprise vs. Professional Versions?

Hello,

We developed a tray icon .NET app along the lines of the STAPI sample to perform screen pop on inbound calls. It worked out nicely. To actually look up pages in the SF contact and other lists, we use the SF web services APIs.

We have a customer who is running the Profesional version of SF (vs. the Enterprise version.)

Can someone tell me if the Professional version also supports the web services interface? Would I expect the STAPI sample (for example) to work with the Professional version?

Thanks!

Grant Schenck
ShoreTel
SuperfellSuperfell
No, by default Prof Edition does not include the API, however certified partner solutions can use the API on Prof Edition.
GrantSchenckGrantSchenck
Thanks Simon,

What exactly does it mean to be a "certified partner solution"? Does this mean if we somehow get our application certified the APIs will be available when running on a Professional Version?

Regards,

Grant Schenck
ShoreTel
DevAngelDevAngel
Yes, precisely!
GrantSchenckGrantSchenck
Couple of followups:

1) What exactly is the professional version? Is this a non-hosted version or something? How does it differ from the enterprise version?

2) If we wanted our Telephony Integration support to be a "certified partner solution" how do we go about doing that?

Thanks!

Grant Schenck
ShoreTel
GrantSchenckGrantSchenck
Dave,

Sorry. 2 minutes digging on your web site and I answered my own questions.

So, based on another post:

"All API use is restricted to EE and DE, with one exception. The exception is for a certified Partner solution. These solutions can run against PE as well."

My only question then is how one becomes a "certified Partner solution".

Thanks, Grant
DevAngelDevAngel
Hey Grant,

Check out this link.

http://www.salesforce.com/partners/become-appexchange-partner.jsp

If this doesn't get you the info you need, let me know.