function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
qmanqman 

ADO.NET 2.0 Provider Interest ?

I'm thinking about upgrading Karl's old ADO.NET provider to work as a ADO.NET 2.0 provider with batch update capability and VS Desgin support.

Is there any interest in the .NET community for a new version of the provider ?

Thanks,

Bill
David-David-
We use the 1.1 provider (written in VB.NET) and it continues to serve us well. Karl mentioned at Dreamforce that he re-wrote it in C# - that ever get released? I checked Sourceforge but didn't see it.

Designer hooks and batch functionality aren't as important for us, but I can't speak for everyone else. One suggestion - perhaps a minor update for v7.0 of the API to support upsert?
qmanqman
Hi David,

Yeah, Karl and I started the ADO.NET 2.0 implementation but Karl pulled out from doing any further Salesforce Open source work and wished me well on finishing it.

Given the response or lack of to my post( and my commitments to the DBAmp product), I don't think I'm going to work any further on it either.

Thanks,

Bill Emerson
forceAmp.com
martintrjchvmartintrjchv
Hi qman,

I've been interested in developing an API but as I advanced found that would be a remake of your ADO.NET Provider.

The idea of upgrading it to .NET 2.0 seems very interesting. What are the changes that were planned for this release?

Regards,

Martín Trejo Chávez
qmanqman
For idea of what was planned, see Karl's Dreamforce presnetation at www.crmsuccess.com.

But given the lack of interest, I would not expect to see a 2.0 .NET implementation soon.

Bill