function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
thintonthinton 

mass email sends integration

Hi everyone,

I am attempting to integrate my company's software with salesforce. We do mass emailing with tracking capabilities. What I wish to do is have the user go through a process similar to "Mass Email Contacts", where they can select a list of contacts both from filtering data and with checkboxes, but instead of sending the list through salesforce, a script would be triggered that uses the API to get the list they created. This would then build the list on our side.

My first thought was using campaigns, but our clients do not give campaign access to their users. I tried making a custom object, but could not find a way to import a list to that object in a similar fashion. There is no place I can find in the "Mass Email Contacts" process to insert a custom link. Anyone have any other ideas?
jetxjetx

I'm doing something similar for our software. I am using the partner WSDL file which does not include support for the Contact object. What i did was used the QueryResult object to pull in the contact records using the generic SObject type. After doing this, i was able to get access to all the contact data including emails.

My C# script (ASP.NET) then iterates and can send emails based on my own filters of the fields.

If you would like more info and this seems feasible to your situation, let me know.

Jesse

thintonthinton

thanks for the reply!

I was hoping against hope that there was some way for SalesForce to do the filtering in the same way they do Campaigns, though. Oh well.

jetxjetx
Hi Thinton, i'm sure there probably will be eventually. I believe all there is now is SQL for filtering .. would be nice to have filtering in a new version .. something you could submit to Salesforce for a future version.
thintonthinton
what about ways to access views from the API?
benjasikbenjasik
list views are on our roadmap