function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bitHeadbitHead 

C# CTI Demo Adapter ???

Does anyone know of a C# based version of the CTI Demo Adapter ?

I'm totally not a C++ guy, and I'll need to customize it somewhat (addiotnal right click menu options and screens etc.).

Thanks,

Barry

Keyur PatelKeyur Patel

Hi,

Please refer following Guide for CTI adapter for .Net.

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_cti_developer_guide_2.pdf

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/CTI_Toolkit

Please let me know if it would not help you. 

Regards,

Keyur Patel

bitHeadbitHead

I've seen those documents already, they are not really C# specific. Ultimately I was looking for a sample adapter, written in C#, that was "telephony ready"...meaning no simulated calls, just well documented hooks for the basic requirements to connect to a third party CTI (phone system). The idea being I could look at the basic required parameters, paste in my customers values, and be off and running (with the ability tocustomize after the fact). Alas, there appears to be no such thing available from Salesforce. They put out a C++ adapter that simulates calls - personally I think it would be more useful to put out one that can be easily integrated into a customers phone system, with a "connect sheet" telling you what paramters need to be put into a config file, or whatever, to allow for rapid proto-typing. The demo one also has no dial-pad, which is likely a basic requirement for all integrations.

In the end, we gave up on the traditional "system tray" adapter approach, as Salesforce has no "telephony ready" adapters to use, allowing for rapid proto-typing, and thus saving weeks of development time. Instead we decided to go with Open CTI (away from C++ and a requirement to install software), but again, we're finding the examples to be somewhat lacking...there should be a an example that includes all the stuff most implementations would want....like a dial-pad, and the basic hooks to a telephony system ready to go...but it's nowhere to be found.

Barry