function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
adamgadamg 

VB6 and VBA Developers PLEASE READ

On April 12th, as part of sforce 3.0, we will be launching the sforce Toolkit for COM. The COM component wraps our current Partner API to make all of the capabilities of this Web service available to VB6 and VBA (non .NET) programs. As many of you have struggled that lack of support for Microsoft Web services for non .NET environments, this new Toolkit should greatly simplify the creation of sforce-based solutions.

Example uses include:

- Accessing sforce from VBA (Word and Excel)
- Creating ASP (not ASP.NET) web pages that call sforce
- Creating ActiveX controls and VB apps that use the Web service API

The sforce Toolkit for COM with be distributed automatically as part of an updated Office Edition, also available on 4/12. Documentation and samples will also be posted shortly thereafter.  Let us know if you have any questions in the interim.

Message Edited by adamg on 03-17-2004 02:16 PM

Message Edited by mike kreaden on 04-13-2004 08:38 AM

ScotScot

Adam,

This is great news.  You mention wrapping the current Partner API in this tool kit. Will the Enterprise API also be available?

Hope, hope, hope.

Scot

adamgadamg
The reality is that as VB/VBA are weakly typed, its actually easier to use the partner WSDL than the enterprise one - you won't have to deal with parsing XML, etc - you'll get a dictionary/hash of the return values. Its easy!

Does that make sense?
ScotScot

Yes. I hadn't thought that far ahead, but it does makes sense.

thanks, I'll look forward to the details...

ScotScot

Help. Desperate? Yes!

I know it's not even the 12th yet, but I  wanted to let you know that at least one of us is anxiously awaiting this ....

(My problem: I've got a LOT of updating to do to our products and pricebooks. My existing tools, based on the XML-RPC, are useless because then cannot access the revised information. Before I can do the updates, I need to retrofit all the code to the new COM toolkit. And with the release out, my clock is ticking ... )

Thanks ... Scot

Ron HessRon Hess
I am looking forward to enabling Excel uploads using this tool, many thanks for your efforts to develop this much needed object !
adamgadamg
The new COM object is available - reinstall Office Edition, and you will get it automatically. Sample code should be posted by EOD tomorrow.
Denver MikeDenver Mike

I've installed the Office Edition and I believe the COM object is available. 

No sign of the samples or documentation though.  Any idea where those can be found?

jcherianjcherian
Hi Adam,

Where can we access the latest office edition and sample code.

Also does this tool kit support SOAP calls?

Thanks,

Johns
Garry LindsayGarry Lindsay

All I want is some ASP doc of how to Query, Insert and Update standard sForce Objects using the COM toolkit.

Any news on when a doc file may be available?

I am not having the best of luck using object browser, and dont want to have to write my own C# wrapper and COM stub, when you guys have allready written and tested this :-(

Cheers

Garry