function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ron HessRon Hess 

sforce Connector: new version 5.30

I'm posting this version here to try and get some more feedback on the new features before posting on sourceforge, which I hope will be soon.

This version, 5.30 has lots of minor fixes but a few cool new features

Option Dialog to configure the ServerURL, ( allows you to default to 5.0)

Option to trigger assignment rules for Lead and Case insert

Option to use API Names not labels

new feature in a query filter allows you to use TODAY , TODAY - 1 or TODAY + 1 , handy for pulling a window of data

Not to mention the most recent change a method or three of building a Join between two or more tables is described in the On line Help file

added mapping for record types and owner ID's now will display the names instead of the actual ID's, also fix a bug with large queries

http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/index.htm

After a bit more testing I will post this out on the primary download link under sforce.sourceforge, but you can try it out now, please let me know if you see problems or regressions.

PS: I've posted the latest version on the http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/index.htm
site, this version is now one rev back

have fun,

Ron Hess

Message Edited by Ron Hess on 12-17-2004 10:47 PM

Message Edited by Ron Hess on 01-25-2005 05:55 PM

adamgadamg
Thanks Ron!
bouscalbouscal

Hi Ron, thanks a ton for the connector.  I've made some slight modifications to what's installed on my system and would like to know if I could send those changes to you to be incorporated into the next version?  Short version, I've added a 'starting with' option to the query wizard.  ie.   LIKE xyz%

Tim Bouscal

Ron HessRon Hess

great idea, I did make this change to my code and loaded it up over the weekend past.

so it is now at 5.33 and supports as operators, "starts with", "ends with" and "regexp" , this last one just passes the string into "like" so you can specify in the value cell things like "%foo%"

doc has also been updated, check it out 

darozdaroz
Quick Q:

Would anyone be interested in a quick-n-dirty Visual Studio Installer package for the .xla?

(I'm testing one that simply copies the .xla into the [ProgramFiles]\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart (and Office11\XLStart) directories.)

[Edit: Preview Button too close to submit...]

Eventually I'd like to find a way to determine what version(s) of Excel are on the PC and only install the correct ones... If someone can point me to a generic registry entry I'll give it a crack.

We're going to be deploying a signed version of the SLA to our workstations in our Windows Domain via Domain Policies. If others are interested I can do a write-up when we're finished...

Message Edited by daroz on 02-08-2005 05:09 PM

Ron HessRon Hess

I'd be interested to see what you end up with, sounds interesting, i would like have to have it in source form so i could customize it to wrap my own signed version of the XLA.

thanks

darozdaroz

Ron Hess wrote:

I'd be interested to see what you end up with, sounds interesting, i would like have to have it in source form so i could customize it to wrap my own signed version of the XLA.

thanks

Source, of course... The answer that I'd endorse...

(Ok, ehough Mr. Ed jokes)

I'm waiting to see if I can get from SFDC either the Office Toolkit in an .msi (for our automated deployment scripts and this) so that I can add it in as a merge module as well. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Once it's done and we're deploying successfully I'll dig up your email and fire it off to you.
benjasikbenjasik
You should be seeing a merge module in the next release. If you want it before then, you'd have to package it up yourself.
darozdaroz

benjasik wrote:
You should be seeing a merge module in the next release. If you want it before then, you'd have to package it up yourself.

Exactly -- I have no problems doing that. Just want to make sure everything gets installed/registered in the right place though.