function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ndrannapareddyndrannapareddy 

Salesforce Security

Hi ALL,

I need to fix some security Issue in my org with Salesforce but have no clue how to .

I am in a marketing company which uses salesforce . salesreps have many contacts and they create records having some Lookups to Contact. We generate Reports and etc etc stuff goes behind .

We have a Major Issue we need to restrict User from taking others contacts while leaving the ORG. If Contacts Records are Not shared we donnot get the Other team get Going when reports are generated. [Usually Marketting team / some one in the Org can export and take away Org Contacts[Source Of Business] and use in in a diff Org Needs to be restricted ]

How do we fix this How can i Log the Information about people Exporting the Records on Particular Object and Send an email to the Admin that a report has be Exported to Excel by User XXX .

Can some one suggest me a work Around.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi,

If it is okay, you can restrict the users from exporting a report by a permission "Export Reports" at the Profile Level.

Please make this unchecked for all the marketing users. This can be unchecked for all Custom Profiles.

In case you are using standard profile for these users, clone the profile, save it with the different name, remove the permission and assign the users to this new profile using data loader.

Best Wishes.