function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DeepamDeepam 

Triggers in Group Edition

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein I need to deploy 1-2 triggers and classes in a Salesforce Group Edition org.

The only solution I found from Google, is to create a managed package and get it authorized, through Security review and then deploy it from Appexchange.

Is this a viable solution? Does Salesforce allows(and pass the Security review)  to put such custom packages for specific customers on appexchange?

If yes, any other constraints in this? I am aware about the time which is around 5 weeks.

If no, any other solution ?

(The basic aim is to enable commision tracking on Opportunities, without using any paid app. )

Thanks.

Jeff MayJeff May

The limitation on triggers in Group Edition is intended that the org itself cannot create triggers.  The 'exception' is that you are still able to deploy packages from the AppExchange to extend your functionality.  You would need to go through the same  process of writing a managed package, submitting and paying for the security review, posting it on the AppExchange as any other AppExchange vendor.  

Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi,

For deploying packages to ur org, you do not need to go through security review.

Create the package from a developer org.

Use the package url.(It could be Beta Edition)

deploy on to ur Group Edition Producton.

Best Wishes,

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Hello,

You cannot deploy an unmanaged package to a Group Edition. ONLY managed ones.

Link: https://tapp0.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_packaging_guide.pdf see page 47

Thanks,

Adrian

Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Thanks Adrian.

I stand corrected.

Best Wishes,

TanejaTaneja

Hello All,

I have installed a Managed Beta Package in a Group edition Org. I have a Apex batch job which runs onClick of a button and saves the results to a Custom Object.

I then display the results in an apex:pageBlockTable. The issue is: I don't see any result in the table, i.e. it shows me there are 6 rows but does not display any values in the columns. Not even in any one of them.

In the Last 2 columns I have Custom Buttons which perform CRUD operations on individual row elements. I see the buttons and when you click on one of these buttons, I get "System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject".

Can anyone tell me whats going on here?? Why do I see empty rows?? Are batch jobs supported in GE/PE??

Same issue with Professional Edition as well.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best,

Taneja

TanejaTaneja

Here is a link to Preview the table: emptyTable