function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Teach_me_howTeach_me_how 

IMAGE and HYPERLINK function in Formula text field?

i cannot use the said function upon creating formula field(text)

SoulsSouls
Check this link: http://eu1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/useful_advanced_formulas.htm#ImageFormulasTitle

See the following quote:

Traffic Lights for Status
This formula displays a green, yellow, or red traffic light images to indicate status, using a custom picklist field called Project Status. Use this formula in list views and reports to create a “Status Summary” dashboard view.
IMAGE(
CASE(Project_Status__c,
"Green", "/img/samples/light_green.gif",
"Yellow", "/img/samples/light_yellow.gif",
"Red", "/img/samples/light_red.gif",
"/s.gif"),
"status color")

Cheers
@anilbathula@@anilbathula@

HI

you can use image and Hyperlink in formula field.
For example you can try this:-
IF(ISpickval( LeadSource ,"Web") ,IMAGE("/resource/dustbin", "Red ",15,15) +HYPERLINK( Id , LastName , "_self"),NUll)

OR

You can use this also:-

IF(ISpickval( LeadSource ,"Web") ,HYPERLINK( Id , IMAGE("/resource/dustbin", "Red ",15,15) , "_self"),NUll)

AdrianCCAdrianCC

What are you using the formula field for?

Also, see this link, maybe it helps: http://assets.salesforce.com/pdf/getting_started_with_images_v1.pdf

Ty,

Adrian

Teach_me_howTeach_me_how

see the error i got in this link below

http://oi45.tinypic.com/30saelc.jpg

PS

How to directly insert picture in thread?

SoulsSouls
I tried the example you have in the picture and it works for me. Did you use a formula field with the return type of 'Text'?

/Cheers
Teach_me_howTeach_me_how

Yes when i'm creating formula i choose text as return type. I do this in newly created free developer account

SoulsSouls
Where are trying to create the field? (i.e. which object)
Teach_me_howTeach_me_how

I'm practising in standard Account object

SoulsSouls
A stupid question perhaps, but you ARE using a formula field with return type of text?
Inserting the following: IMAGE("/img/samples/light_green.gif", "Status Color") ?

I get it to work with no problems in my production Sandbox

Cheers
Teach_me_howTeach_me_how

The only difference i see with us is you are using production sandbox while me is implementing it in newly created free developer account i dont know if there is relevance on this.

My steps.

1. Go to setup--> customize --> Account
2. Create new field (Formula - return type is TEXT)

3. Add the IMG function on formula editor and i got the error - 1 thing i notice is there is no IMAGE function in the available list function in the given list on the right side of the page

SoulsSouls
In my Dev org I have the Image function and it works as well as in the Sandbox. That's your problem then. You must have a different version of dev org compared to me.

Can you try in a Sandbox or in a remote corner of your production org?

/Mats