function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
najnaj 

Back up

Hi 

How can i get the back of all my files from salesforce record type to external system?

my manger needs back every single opportunity which is in the other record type to be backed up.

please help me
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ManoharSFManoharSF

"3) Editted the query by select id,name from recordtype where name="xxxxx"" is only for workbench if you want to get the record id. and xxxxx in  "xxxxx" is your record name

but if you got below steps in dataloader than that should do

1) tried to export the opportunity object and selected all the fields.

2) added a condition saying recordtypeid equals

012A0000000kBZ9IAM

as you select fields and add the condition you should see that your query is building up as below in query window. then finish.

Select Id, IsDeleted, AccountId, RecordTypeId FROM Opportunity WHERE RecordTypeId = '012A0000000kBZ9IAM

All Answers

ManoharSFManoharSF

You can use the Dataloader to export out into CSV file from the Opportunity Object. 

najnaj

Ya i tried to export using dataloader but the file tht i am trying to export is in one of the record type. When i selected the opportunities object ,it not showing the record type thats in the opportunity.

Any help?

ManoharSFManoharSF

one thing you can do is find the recordtypeid for your record type from recordtype table by exporting the data out of that table or running 

select id, name from recordtype where name ="xxxxxx"

and then use that id as filter on opportunity object by using recordtypeid field

else you can use workbench and then select opportunity object then run below soql

Select   <include all fields you want seperated by comma> ,o.recordtype.name From Opportunity o where o.recordtype.name ='YOUR RECORD TYPE NAME'

najnaj

Hi Manohar,

I am trying to follow your message

012A0000000kBZ9IAM

3) Editted the query by select id,name from recordtype where name="xxxxx"

Should i mention xxxxx as the recordtype name? i.e. IDX 

ManoharSFManoharSF

"3) Editted the query by select id,name from recordtype where name="xxxxx"" is only for workbench if you want to get the record id. and xxxxx in  "xxxxx" is your record name

but if you got below steps in dataloader than that should do

012A0000000kBZ9IAM

as you select fields and add the condition you should see that your query is building up as below in query window. then finish.

Select Id, IsDeleted, AccountId, RecordTypeId FROM Opportunity WHERE RecordTypeId = '012A0000000kBZ9IAM

This was selected as the best answer