function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kaushikmewadakaushikmewada 

Recruiting App

Hello

I am new to salesforce and I am learning from Recruiting App l I am stuck and cant find the answer.As far as Positon, Candidate and job application is concern , I have imported all the data as advised on page 127 but On page 167 I have to assign Cynthia Capobianco as CEO but there is no data availiable to assign from the drop down list, only availiable name is my name and In recruiting app book no where mention about where and how those data163 (177 / 374) comes automatically. Unless and untill I assign all the roles I wont able to test the app.

I am using free developer addition. Please help.

imutsavimutsav
I don't have the developer guide open in front of me. But I guess you need to assign 'Cynthia Capobianco' as CEO. Which means 'Cynthia Capobianco' should be a user in your SFDC system. Try to search for this user if you don't get this user then you might have missed a file to upload to the user table or may be you need to create this user by hand. Once this user record is created then you can edit the user record and could assign the Role 'CEO' to it. To get the user record you can either search for it or you can go to setup-> Manage Users-> Users-> click on edit next to the user record and then select the role. Or if the user is not created then create the user by hand or import user related file. You can also assign the rule by going to Setup -> Manage Users->Users-> Role and then click assign next to the desired role for which you need to assign the user for.

Thanks
Utsav

[Do mark this answer as solution if it works for you and give a kudos.]
kaushikmewadakaushikmewada

Thanks Utsav. I have gone thru whole document but I could not find the file to upload. can I sent u the pdf to ur email.

I had an idea that I have to create new user but i thought there should be some file to upload for user.

Send if ur email and i will sent u the pdf file.

thanks

RockDeveloperRockDeveloper

Please create some data. and go to Setup -> Manage Users->Users-> Role and then click assign next to the desired role for which you need to assign the user.

imutsavimutsav
Sure,

Utsav.Srivastava@ymail.com

Thanks
Utsav