function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bhushan2710Bhushan2710 

Transfer Ownership of case to portal user

We had a situation where one of the user erroneously changed the ownership of an case form portal user to himself. He tried to change the ownership back to the Portal user, but the Lookup on the Change Owner page didn’t find the Portal user.

can anyone tell why he can't find the portal user ?

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Did he use the drop down next to change owner field, it defaults to User, this will need to be changed to "Customer Portal User" then he can look up the customer.

PB

Bhushan2710Bhushan2710

Yes he has tried that, but still he is not able to find that user. 

I (system Admin) replicated the same in different org, and I am also not able to find the portal user who was originally the owner of that case. 

Is this something standrad by salesforce?

Thanks,

Bhushan

cplusplus_pleasecplusplus_please
I tried it and I can't find it as well. I have the free developer edition with system administrator profile.
I think is is standard by salesforce. Try writing to salesforce, who knows whether they'll implement this in the future :)

=============================
Developer for www.voicent.com
Voicent provides CRM, auto dialer, predictive dialer, reminder, and call center solution that is suitable for anyone in any level
Voicent strives to meet customer demands to integrate Voicent software with CRM of their choice.
Bhushan2710Bhushan2710
Thanks for your reply. Upon more investigation i found the cause of this.
As per salesforce documentation we cannot transfer cases from non high vol portal user to high vol portal user. Its a limitation of High-Volume Portal Users.

http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/customer_portal_about_HVPUs.htm