function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
emviousemvious 

Force.com ANT migration tool problem with public groups

I'm utilizing the Force.com ANT migration tool to do deployments between sandboxes.  The issue i'm getting are deploying objects and reports that reference a public group that does not exist on the sandbox.

The deployment that errored does includes the metadatafiles for the public groups.  I would assume that the Force.com ANT migration tool will deploy public group metadata components and then deploy components that reference the public groups, but this is not a case.   I know how to work around the error, but this shouldn't be happening.

Has anyone came across this issue?  Is this a valid bug for the Force.com ANT migration tool?

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hi,

What error are you getting? Can you try deploying public groups first and then objects & reports OR public groups and objects first and then reports. I believe only reports are referring public groups.

emviousemvious

The solution you mention is a work around, but that requires running multople deployments with the Force.com ANT migration tool.

What should be happening is that the Force.com ANT migratoin tool( or Metadata API) should be smart of enough to apply group metadata to an org followed by objects and reports in the same deployment.

I'm gonna try two things to validate it is an error with FOrce.com ANT migration tool

1) Update the package.xml to use version 27.0 and run using version 28 of the ANT migration tool

2) Update the package.xml to use version 27.0 and run using version 27 of the ANT migration tool