function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anvesh@force.comanvesh@force.com 

Please help for correct this trigger?

In contacts i have a field TaskTestDate.  on this field i should need to display recently opened task date belongs to appropriate record type.

so correct my trigger.

trigger updateTrig on Contact (before insert,before update) {
Task T =new Task();
for(contact c:Trigger.new)
if(t.RecordtypeId=='01240000000UWKG')
c.TaskTestDate__c=t.t.system.now();
}

the T.system.date.now is not correct but how should i make this to populate a date of recently opened task date.
Atul111Atul111

First, record id should not be the hard-coded.

If you want to add a specific date in this field then you can create a date type variable and do the calculation there.

AshlekhAshlekh

Hi ,

There is a big error in your code I think so,

if(t.RecordtypeId=='01240000000UWKG')  

In this line you are comparing t.Recordtype which is wrong I think you C.RecordTypeId should be there 

c.TaskTestDate__c=t.t.system.now();  

// In this you have written t.t.system.now() which is wrong System.Now() is the correct it gives you DATETIME 
   I you want to take date then write System.Today();

Why are you creating Task T if it is not in use. And We never do hard coding it makes our code failure in other org. It is a bad practices   

Thanks 

Ashlekh

If this post helps you than please mark it is a solution and don't forget to give me kudo's

anvesh@force.comanvesh@force.com

hanks for your reply intially my requirement is 

Thanks for your effort but misunderstanding let me clarify you

I would like to create a new Contact field on contact.  this field will pull the date of the most recent activity record that fits the following criteria.

TaskTestDate  :        Most recent task record date of specified record type (i have 3 record types here so assume first record type id as ='00XXXXXXXXXX' ).

EventTestDate :      Most recent  event record date of specified record type (i have 3 record type ).

sorry  for any confusion. and really thanks for your effort.

Actually it is my imagination , when we open any task, on task field it displayes with current datetime (A i mentioned in previously question) , so  when i assign this field to contact field it displayes the task opened datetime.

so i have created a field on task  and displayed current date , then this field  i am trying to assign to contacts field.