function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stay@edhStay@edh 

Looking for APEX and Visualforce Help

To whom it may concern,

We have a couple of projects that we need help with.

1) we need someone to write the apex code to help us prevent reservation booking conflicts.

2) we would like to be able to compile date ranges from our opportunities and present them on a calendar that we can use internally and ideally stitch into our websites to provide real time visuals to our customers on availability.

Who among you is up to the challenge?

Please post quotes and timeframes!
sfdev1sfdev1

Hi

I can help you with this requirement

You can contact me on sfdev10000@gmail.com

Tyler352Tyler352
Hello,

We can help you write your APEX code and with your other customizations.  We've been working with SFDC for many years performing installs, migrations, customizations etc. and would love to help you with your projects.

Please call or email for a time to discuss in a little more detail what you're looking to accomplish; this will allow us to give you a more accurate proposal.

I look foward to talking with you soon.

Thanks,

Tyler
SteveBowerSteveBower

Ah, now you've done it!  You'll be swamped with responses from all over the place.  Every group will have done projects exactly like yours before and have a combined 4,392 years accumulated experience working with Salesforce.  :-)

1) we need someone to write the apex code to help us prevent reservation booking conflicts.

A simple trigger to make sure you don't have conflicts shouldn't be very difficult.  Depending on your data structure and criteria it could take as little as a few hours or much longer.  By "few" I mean one or two or so.

You might instead want a visual force page that didn't allow the user the option of making an incorrect booking in the first place, but that would be a bit more work depending on what you are trying to capture and might not be worth it. 

2) we would like to be able to compile date ranges from our opportunities and present them on a calendar that we can use internally and ideally stitch into our websites to provide real time visuals to our customers on availability.

There are some complexities here in that Salesforce's calendaring system isn't all that great, especially when it comes to creating a shared calendar that the users see by default.  You might be better served by an integration with a google calendar;  that would also allow you to easily link it into your website.

If you need real time results then you'll need another trigger somewhere (opportunities?  or bookings like the previous one?) to collect the data and update the calendar.   Don't forget that you will also need to handle cases where records are updated, deleted, etc.  Sometimes people forget that it's not just adding the new stuff.  Also, development of the test cases that Salesforce requires before putting code into production can also take a fair amount of time.   Lastly, make sure people write triggers for you that are bulk-safe so that if you have to delete or import a bunch of records, the triggers will work correctly and not run into the Salesforce resource limitations.  So, if you're evaluating quotes, look for all the details.

Hard to estimate the time needed without more information about exactly what sort of implementation you want.  So, I can't give you a quote, but in terms of timeframes, I'm available at the moment (although I have other projects as well).

With me however you're not getting a staff, a bunch of people, a shiny website, etc.  It's just little 'ol me, programmer (25+ years) working from home in San Francisco.  Been doing Salesforce stuff for about three years.

Thanks, Steve   sforce@stevebower.com

Message Edited by SteveBower on 07-01-2008 02:18 PM
WizmagicGuyWizmagicGuy

Hi,

I have read your request and I can definitely help you with it.

We have an extensive experience with all kinds of customizations and integration.

Please feel free to give me a call at 1-800-959-3859

Guy Nadivi

VP Business development

Wizmagic LLC

www.wizmagic.com

XactiumXactium
Please contact ian.royle@xactium.com for help with APEX and Visulaforce