function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
snairsnair 

ccan anyone help me

Hi,

i am trying to create a field in the opportunity section that will help me calculate the number of opportunities that have been added every week. I want to be able to have this field update automatically every week. Is there a way I can create some sort of formula that grabs the value of the number of opportunities?

Can anyone help me do this?

Thanks,
Sahil Nair
ClaiborneClaiborne
First of all, this section is for jobs, when generally involve some of financial exchanges between the requestor and the provider. If you are just asking a question, do it in another section of the discussion board.

That being said, you cannot put anything into the opportunity tab that rolls up opportunity value. You need some sort of object to roll stuff into. But you cannot create a new opportunity field with a master detail relationship.

So the best way to provide what you want is with a dashboard with a component based on a report that lists all opportunities created during the current week or the past 7 days. The dashboard component can be a graphic or just the number. You also could create components for the value of the opportunities, and other things.
snairsnair

Thanks. Sorry for writing the message in the jobs section. Didn't know where I was on the page.

sahil