function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sf_davesf_dave 

SoapFault INVALID_FIELD: No such column

I have created a mapping in my pre-existing objects to the fields Salesforce is expecting.  The problem is that there are extra members in my objects that Salesforce seems to be stumbling on.

In this example I have a User object which maps Notes to Description so when salesforce asks for $sobject->Description it actually returns the Notes member of our User object.  The problem is it throws an exception:
SoapFault Object ( [message:protected] => INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'Notes' on entity 'contact'

Like it's iterating over EVERY class member and validating it on what the WSDL says should be there.  Is it wrong to have Extra members in the Sobjects we send via the php api?

Thanks
-Dave
sf_davesf_dave
I just realised what is happening.  The WSDL has a field called Notes defined as:
<element name="Notes" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="tns:QueryResult"/>

But this field is not listed as a contact field in either the contact fields setup or in the API docs :(

What is this field and can I remove it?  It seems to be a member of:
Account
Asset
Contact
Contract
Lead
Opportunity

Is it defined in a base object that I can remove it from?  I don't want to have to go through all our code and rename our Notes to CustomNotes or something along those lines.

Any help is appreciated.
-Dave