function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VamseeVamsee 

Salesforce Integration

Hello All,

I would like to do simple integration of salesforce portal for the website.

The scenario goes like this - Partner registers as an ISV for my website. During this registration process I need to validate if the partner is already a member of the salesforce portal on my website.

If the partner with that email address exists in the saleforce proceed further with registration or esle provide him with likely matches of the domain names and email address that he can choose.

Please let me know how can I achieve this process in PHP? What API calls I need to make?

Thanks
werewolfwerewolf
It can be PHP but it doesn't have to be.  See all the supported language toolkits here:

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/API

PHP is on the list, and there are toolkits and sample code there.
toivotoivo
It is important that you validate the email address of your applicant first so that you can eliminate spammers from getting access to your portal.  I would assume that your legitimate applicants need to be told that they can only use their official registered company email address on your portal.  Otherwise it would be difficult to keep intruders away. 

You probably should not give options to the ISV applicants, that would only reveal more information about your system if anyone can try their luck.  Be careful and make sure AJAX requests received by your server are sanitized and that they are  always associated with logged-in sessions and a registered user.  Otherwise your email database may get harvested by spammers.