function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shankoshanko 

Rails NoMethod error with the latest gem version

Hi,

On my Mac OS, I gem installed the latest version of activerecord-activesalesforce-adapter (2.0.0) which is supposed to be compatible with Rails 2.0 and made the necessary changes to database.yml and configuration.rb as described in the README.

Tried running the empty shell and got NoMethod error as follows. What am I missing? My other non-SFDC apps are running fine under Rails 2.0.2:

$ ruby script/server
=> Booting Mongrel (use 'script/server webrick' to force WEBrick)
=> Rails application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Starting Rails with development environment...
Exiting
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.2/lib/commands/servers/mongrel.rb:16: warning: already initialized constant OPTIONS
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.2/lib/commands/servers/mongrel.rb:19: undefined method `options' for []:Array (NoMethodError)
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:32:in `gem_original_require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:32:in `require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in `require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in `require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.2/lib/commands/server.rb:39
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
        from script/server:3