function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SudarshSudarsh 

How to set "Activity" for Task through API ?

Hi,

I'm using enterprise API version 15.0 for synchronizing contacts and calls to SalesForce account with .NET (C#). The problem is that I can't find any option to set the "Activity" of a Task through API. I want to set the activity of a Task to "Call". The option is available on the website. Is it possible to do so? please help.

Thank you.

Message Edited by Sudarsh on 02-25-2009 02:40 AM
werewolfwerewolf
That's the Type field.  Set the Type field.
SudarshSudarsh
Even though the documentation lists the "Type" field, I can't find it in the enterprise.wsdl ver.15.0
werewolfwerewolf
It's there.  Maybe you don't have field level security to see it.
SuperfellSuperfell
check FLS, its hidden by default in a lot of the signup templates.
SudarshSudarsh

The problem right now is that the enterprise wsdl file is provided by an indirect client. I searched the whole wsdl file and could not find "Type" field. I don't have admin level account access. So anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you

Message Edited by Sudarsh on 02-26-2009 06:39 AM
SudarshSudarsh
"check FLS, its hidden by default in a lot of the signup templates."

I'm new to SalesForce. I do not understand what FLS is and don't know about signup templates. Could you please explain that in detail?

Thank you.
SuperfellSuperfell
FLS == Field Level Security. If the field is set to hidden it won't appear in the WSDL. Once you've updated the FLS settings, download a new WSDL.
werewolfwerewolf
The Type field is on the Task object, not on the Contact object.  You might think about downloading Force.com Explorer to explore the data model rather than trying to eyeball the WSDL.
Message Edited by werewolf on 02-26-2009 06:52 PM