function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SwamplanderSwamplander 

Switching developer app to work with out production system...

I had created a free SF developer account, modified my developer SF DB with custom fields, generated the WSDL and wrote an app that would add data via the Web Services to my developer SF implementation. Now I want to move it into "production" using one of my real accounts on my production CRM DB in SF. However when I login using the account on developer.salesforce.com and go to Setup>Develop>API, I get a link pointing me back to developer.salesforce.com. I can't figure out how to configure this account to let me get in and generate the WSDL and the login token info to get my login & password in my app...

Any tips? Can't figure out where I'm going wrong...

shillyershillyer

Sounds like your in Professional or Group Edition. They do not have API access and the ability to generate a WSDL. This is only allowed in Developer, Enterprise and Unlimited Edition.

If you have some customization in your developer org you'd like to move to production, you will need to use Packaging.

Hope that helps,

Sati

SwamplanderSwamplander

Ugh... yeah, we have Professional. So is there no way for me to programatically get data into my CRM DB on SF under my current plan? The only option is to upgrade?

werewolfwerewolf
Yes.  You either have to get the API add-on to PE or upgrade to Enterprise Edition.