function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rivo101Rivo101 

Problem with posting data to salesforce and Google integration

My scenario is:

Gather Leads from website and post to SF along with sending emails internally, also updating the Lead Source field. 

I have Page1 where I gather data from the user, Page2 - Send email using data from page1 and "Auto Submit" to send data to Sales Force.

I can send the emails, but the problem is  LeadSource field on SF is not filled due to the 'Auto Submit'. 

Is there anyway I can fill the LeadSource field on Page2, since I dont want to put the SF information on Page1 which can be easily accesible to anyone.

I am using ASP.net and VB.

Thanks,

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Mike LeachMike Leach

Can you post code examples? Are you POSTing the Leads via Web2Lead interface or using the Enteprise/Partner APIs?

If POSTing, try adding LeadSource as a hidden field <input type=hidden />

All Answers

Mike LeachMike Leach

Can you post code examples? Are you POSTing the Leads via Web2Lead interface or using the Enteprise/Partner APIs?

If POSTing, try adding LeadSource as a hidden field <input type=hidden />

This was selected as the best answer
Rivo101Rivo101

Thanks for the reply that did help me fix the problem. 

I used the lead_source and that solved the problem.

Message Edited by Rivo101 on 04-17-2009 08:39 AM
Mike LeachMike Leach

Glad that helped. As long as you're using .NET, your Page 2 code can post the values directly instead of redirecting to Page 3.

//C# examplenew WebClient().UploadValues ("https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8", "POST", NameValueCollection);//Where NameValueCollection contains Lead fields/values to be posted