function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tantan 

Excel connector - look up for Account ID by name

Is it possible to do a look up for Account ID by name when working with contacts? This would be the same as using Account Owner Name instead of Account Owner ID when working with accounts.

Thanks
Ron HessRon Hess

this would be nice for a future release, i'll look into it.  The main problem i see with this is the unintended performance hit on large lists, perhaps this could be an option.

today I just do something like this

pull a query with cols for contacts name and account id only, lets say

A2=contactid, B2=last name, C2=accountid

move over a few cols create an account query, list the account id and account name, so

F1=Account, F2=Account id, G3=Account name

put a formula in F3 which is a reference to the account id col we already pulled, it looks like this in the formula bar ---> "=C3", drag this formula down the F:F column so that you have a copy of the ID's listed in col C:C

now, you can use the "refresh" command feature of query table , same as saying "query selected rows" after selecting the ID's in col F:F

see for details :http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/joins.htm

so the second query looks like this

Account|Refresh

Account id|Account Name

=C3

=C4

etc...

tantan
Thanks for the help, I managed to get through the immediate hurdle.

I could see the potential performance hit. I will be interestd to see the relationships when working with the Self Service portal users. I understand that this will be made available to the api with the next release.

Thanks