function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RickNTARickNTA 

MS Access - use MS Office XP Web Services Toolkit?

I'm assessing interfacing to sforce from a mature MS Access 2002 (XP) app, which already interfaces to 3 other web services. I'm trying to use the MS Office XP Web Services Toolkit 2.0 from within Access, which is pretty well documented, but doesn't seem to like the WSDL file generated by sforce (refuses to read it, although it will read other WSDL files). I've downloaded the sforce Office Toolkit and Excel connector but haven't explored them yet (just about to). As far as I can tell from previous posts there isn't much documentation on them and there's little or no experience with using the Office Toolkit from Access. Any suggestions on the shortest path for me? TIA.
ekanshekansh

Id be very interested in seeing what you have. I also want to be able to access Sf.com data through access.

Thanks

Alden

RickNTARickNTA
I haven't figured out how to get around the WSDL problem with WS Toolkit, but I have some basic stuff working using some VB classes posted here by others - no time to explain now but I'll post back within a few days with more details. Message back here to remind me if it doesn't show up here soon...
adamgadamg
FWIW, I would strongly recommend using the Sforce Office Toolkit to connect Access to Sforce over MSFT's Web Services stuff (unless you are using .NET); Web services access from Office is, huh, limited.