function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LizLiz 

Sforce Connector - Import changes foreign letter format

Has anyone encountered character changes on importing using the connector tool?

Example as shown below 

GÃ?¶teborgs Hamn AB should be Göteborgs Hamn AB 

Any help greatly appreciated.  I have just started using Data loader so hope not to encounter the same problems.

Cheers

Liz

Ron HessRon Hess

I would like to re-produce this problem and find a solution,

can you tell me what your MS Office Language settings are? to find out:

1. In Microsoft Windows XP, on the Windows Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings.

Also, do you have Microsoft Office Multilingual User Interface Pack  installed ?

I hope that by reproducing this issue i will discover a simple to implement solution.

Ron HessRon Hess
I was able to create a new account with the name Göteborgs Hamn AB  using sforce connector and the name came out correctly in my salesforce account page, so i believe that this may be a simple configuration setting in Excel that is mashing the data in your case.
LizLiz
Thanks for your 2 replies. I will check this out tomorrow and get back to you. Cheers, Liz
skipperSwedeskipperSwede

We have seen the same "transformations" occur importing data into SalesForce using excel.  Most likely since the language settings are not set to support some scandinavian vowels.  I typically use the ASCII characters [246, 228, 229] for [å,ä, ö] respectively.

Your particular name by the way should have read :

Göteborg - a swedish port city on the west coast.  The way excel "transforms the vowels, in this case an { ö } is in the form of  { ö }. The full name becomes:

Göteborgs Hamn AB

if all systems were go...

skipperSwede