function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dkorba2k5dkorba2k5 

Excel Connector and Forecasts

I can't seem to find anywhere information on using the Excel connector to pull down Forecast information. Is this not available?
Ron HessRon Hess
I don't see forecasts as a table in the table list, i suspect ( but haven't checked) that forecasts are complex combinations of opportunity close dates, amounts, and product line item dates and amounts; and they are generated on the fly from those (opp,products,lineitems) tables.

which is why you don't see them as a table in the WSDL or connector
dkorba2k5dkorba2k5
sounds like I need to submit a case. There has to be some sort of table out there because the users can mark which opportunities they are building their forecast from but also a separate commit amount that is not tied to any real opportunity. So somewhere it's storing that data. Maybe it's just not opened up on the API yet but I'll ask. Thanks.
Force2b_MikeForce2b_Mike
Were you ever able to find a solution for this? I'd really like to export out the Forecast data for external analysis.

Thanks,

Mike
Force2b_MikeForce2b_Mike
I may have just found the answer for this. I changed the API to v7.0 using the latest Excel Connector and found 7 new tables:
* QuantityForecast
* QuantityForecastHistory
* RevenueForecast
* RevenueForecastHistory
* Period
* LineitemOverride
* OpportunityOverride

I'm not yet sure of detail and relationship of the tables, but with a quick glance they seem to have the Forecasted information. What I don't see - at the moment - is a link back to the original opportunity in any of these tables. Does anybody know if there is documentation available on the Forecasting Tables?

Thanks,

Mike
benjasikbenjasik
See the 7.0 docs, it's in there.
dkorba2k5dkorba2k5
well .. we have a solution that we built that requires reports to be set-up and we export the data that way.  I was hoping to use the API and export the data directly but even with the 7.0 api it isn't doing it cleanly.  We have a workbook that creates metric scorecards for every region and a roll-up all automatically for offline analysis. 
crmorbitcrmorbit

I am trying to upload oppt. line items via xls connector. I have oppt. ID and product ID. when I try to insert whereby line Item ID is obatined upon insert, I get an error in the LineItemID saying that the Insert Row Failed: Product ID: id value of incorrect type: 01t30000000TfU8AAK (Note the additional three upper case letter in product ID).

Could it be because the API call is against ProductID and not Product2ID? If yes, how can I make the connection?

Udi Merhav