function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bhayhowbhayhow 

Office Toolkit error

I'm using the Office Toolkit within Classic ASP.

I have a sample applications working 'locally', that is via Visual Studio 6.0 running on my local PC.

When I try to run the same application on my server, I get the following error:

"The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context."

The Office Toolkit has been installed on the server and it appears that the correct registry entries are in place.

I have the following entry in my Global.asa file:

Do you have any ideas as to what the problem may be - and how to resolve it?

Thanks,
Bill Hayhow
SuperfellSuperfell
check that the IWAM_ & IUSR_ user accounts have access to the office toolkit DLL, given its default install location, they may not.
bhayhowbhayhow
I assigned read/execute rights to IUSR for the DLL, but that didn't work. I'm still getting this error message:

Unable to send request to server. The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context.

Is it possible to see whether my requests are reaching Salesforce.com?

Is it possible that this is a firewall or proxy issue?

Thanks,
Bill Hayhow
margotqmargotq
I'm running into the same error.  Did you ever find a solution?
bhayhowbhayhow
We discovered that the problem appears to be associated with Windows Server 2003.  When we moved our code onto a Windows 2000 Server, it worked just fine.  I put several support requests into Salesforce.com tech support, but I never received an answer.  So, we never found out what the actual problem was and we still are unable to run on Windows Server 2003.  Please let me know if you find any solutions. 

Bill Hayhow
Direct Knowledge
bill@directk.com
margotqmargotq
Ahh...we are running Windows Server 2003 as well.  Thanks for the reply.
TashaTasha
I'm also running Windows 2003. Did anyone find out the solution to this problem?