function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
The_FoxThe_Fox 

Sforce Excel Connector issue? (for Ron Hess)

Hi,

I am making this query in the sforce explorer
Select AmountInherited, CreatedById, CreatedDate, CurrencyIsoCode, ForecastCategoryInherited, Id, LastModifiedById, LastModifiedDate, OpportunityId, OutOfDate, OverrideAmount, OverrideComment, OverrideForecastCategory, OverridePeriodId, OverrideQuantity, OwnerId, PeriodInherited, QuantityInherited, SystemModstamp from OpportunityOverride where LastModifiedDate>2006-02-20T00:00:00.000Z and I have 216 results

The same one in sforce Excel Connector 153 rows return (sforce excel connector 6.15)
For both the 7.0 Endpoint otherwise this table is not avalaible

Hope you can provide help

Regards
foghornfoghorn
Do the results change if you modify the date, say pushing it a day forward or back in excel?
The_FoxThe_Fox
Ok

Thanks for the help but that is not that. In fact when starting the query it says drawing 50 out of 232 and at the end it says drawing complete,153 rows returned?

And the sforce explorer tells ok 232 rows. I have tried with one day less and one day more and each time no more rows returned.

REgards
Ron HessRon Hess
i'll try to repro this, however, the 7.0 endpoint was not one of the tested configurations for the office toolkit, to my knowledge.
foghornfoghorn
Ron is correct, the 7.0 endpoint is not fully tested so it's use at your own risk.
SuperfellSuperfell
To be clear, thats the office toolkit is not fully tested with the 7.0 endpoint. The 7.0 endpoint itself is of course fully tested.
The_FoxThe_Fox
Hi Guys,

3 of you just for me it is too much LOL I am blushing :)

Thanks to look at the issue and if I can be of any help, do not hesitate to contact me chumbert at odyssey-group dot com

I have some basic knowledge in VB

Regards

Message Edited by The_Fox on 03-02-2006 09:04 AM

mikeolmikeol
I too have fallen into this problem.  It occurs when using SF Data Connector 6.16 with SForceOfficeToolKit3 and "https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/7.0".  In this config I am limited to a max of 153 records on any query, e.g. all Contracts or all Accounts.  If I flip to "https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/6.0" I can get all the records, but then I don't get some of the new stuff in 7.0 such as Customer Object RecordType :(

Cheers.

Message Edited by mikeol on 03-08-2006 03:27 PM

mikeolmikeol
Any news on the 153 limitation when using 7.0 of the API?
mikeolmikeol
Ron advised that installing Outlook Edition again, to get the fixed version of the COM object, resolves this problem.  And it truly does.  I didn't realise the SF Connector used Outlook Edition code.

All fixed
CI GURUCI GURU
Dear Ron,

first off - bless you for making such an amazing application which has helped many termendously - I cannot tell you how many times a client has said whoever invented this is a genius and I always give you the credit.

My question lies around creating records from excel - we have a pricing calculator for quotes which uses some  fucntions beyond sfdc's capability; however, the result ends up in an opportunity. Is there a special way to leverage the connector so that the result can easily be used to create an opportunity in salesforce.com.

So once the the calculations have been there would be some update button.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ed