function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijay1232Vijay1232 

WSDLOperation Error while setting up SForce web service with Office InfoPath 2003 SP1

I am facing a technical issue while setting up SaleForce web service in the Office InfoPath 2003 SP1
form designer. The InfoPath form designer raises an error while creating the data connection for SForce
web service. For WSDL info as per the SalesForce setup instruction, I specified the URL to a local wsdl
file which, I created by copying the wsdl content from the URL available from SalesForce.com for
enterprise.

Error info:
WSDLOperation:The operation login had an invalid parts attribute HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
- WSDLOperation:Initializing of the input message failed for operation login HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
- WSDLPort:An operation for port Soap could not be initialized HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
- WSDLPort:Analyzing the binding information for port Soap failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
- WSDLService:Initialization of the port for service SforceService failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
- WSDLReader:Analyzing the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error
Also after investigating I suspected one of the import tag used in the WSDL content which says,
<import namespace="urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com"/>

As per one of the article this tag syntax is incomplete and MSXML 5.0 parser as supported by InfoPath 2003
SP1, would raise and error. [Ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_ip2003_ta/html/ODC_INFInfoPathXSD.asp, under the section "Importing and Including Schemas".]

I am desparately looking for a solution. Can anyone on SForce forum help?

Thanks.
Vijay
SuperfellSuperfell
InfoPath i believe uses the MSFT Soap toolkit, which has lots of issues (and is now an unsupported tool). I don't think you'll be able to get it to work without writing a wrapper service that exposes an InfoPath compatible interface.
qmanqman

Hi Vijay,

I might have an alternate solution for you. But first I need to know a little more about your usage of InfoPath and salesforce.com data.  Are you looking for read-only type forms or do you want to update, delete or insert salesforce.com data with InfoPath?

Bill Emerson

forceAmp.com

Vijay1232Vijay1232

I would like to use InfoPath and SalesForce.com data for both reading and writing back to it.

Thanks for your response,

Vijay

Vijay1232Vijay1232
Well I guess writing a wrapper would involve the SForce team and that would be my last option to look for. However, I strongly believe we should be able to correct the WSDL content itself manually and make
it compatible with InfoPath. One interesting input is, the import tag in the WSDL content do not contain
the schemaLocation attribute which specifies the URI from where to import the resource files like XSD etc. Any thoughts?
SuperfellSuperfell
The wrapper service you can build yourself, no need to wait for anyone. The schemaLocation is an optional attribute, and in this case, the imports reffer to the other schema's within the same WSDL document.

Do you know of anything that documents the subset of soap/wsdl that infopath supports ?