function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PSTechPSTech 

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

Hi All,

I downloaded the sample code for C#.Net applications. I had downloaded the wsdl file and added it as reference to my C# solution.

When I try to run the quickstart solution, I get the following error

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodN
ame, Object[] parameters)
   at quickstart_cs.sforce.SforceService.login(String username, String password)
 in c:\program files\salesforce.com\appexchange developer network\quickstart\app
exchange developer network\csharp .net\quickstart_cs\web references\sforce\refer
ence.cs:line 47
   at quickstart_cs.Class1.doLogin() in c:\program files\salesforce.com\appexcha
nge developer network\quickstart\appexchange developer network\csharp .net\quick
start_cs\quickstart.cs:line 210

Internet Access is through a firewall and when I try to access the webservices url

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/7.0. I get the following error message.

400 GET not supported

Resin-3.0.12 (built Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:29:38 PST)

Does anybody know what could be the reason for this

Regards

PSTech

Gareth DaviesGareth Davies

Hi

try downloading Datascope or Developer's Sidekick (link at bottom of this mail). They are written in c# .Net. Try to see if they let you connect, it uses pretty much the same code as the samples. It'll help you isolate the problem at least.

Datascope

Gareth.

PSTechPSTech

Hi Gareth,

I downloaded the datascope trial version software and when I try to connect to the salesforce, I still get the same error message that I got in the sample C# code.

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server

Any suggestions on what could be the possible reason for this error.

PSTech.

DevAngelDevAngel
It seems like this might be a proxy server issue.  Are you behind a proxy server?
PSTechPSTech
I changed the proxy server that I was using and now I am able to login.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

-PSTech
ClintHegneyClintHegney
I am having this same issue, but it I only have the issue when I am not in my company's office and behind a proxy. I have created a couple of different dotNet clients one using Windows Forms and on console. Both connect fine when in the office behind the proxy. I do not have any code in the clients that specifically tell it to use a proxy or not. When I am at home however, behind a router on a broadband internet connection, the clients will not connect. I have turned of any proxy settings in IE, not that that matters. I am not sure what is going on. It is not a proxy issue.