function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
J_HinderJ_Hinder 

Funky Contact Record Behavior

So, here's my scenario:

I have an application that allows users to create contacts in salesforce. The application uses a System Admin user to connect to Sforce via the API using the Partner WSDL. The contact records seem to have been created correctly. Whenever any users browse to the contact records (from the account), they see all of the information just fine. However, when I run a report to display all of the contacts that the application has created, the only user that has information populated in their report is the user that the API is using to login. Not even other System Admins can see the report contents. What am I missing because it seems pretty straightforward?

Thanks,

Joe
SuperfellSuperfell
IIRC, If your contacts don't have an ascociated accountId, then they're private contacts and only the owner can see them.
J_HinderJ_Hinder

Thanks for the reply Simon,

They've all got AccountIds - confirmed it using Sforce Explorer. Matter of fact, other users can actually browse to the Contacts by starting at an Account page and then selecting them from their Contacts list that displays on any of the Account pages. Which has me scratching my head, because they can see them there - connected to an Account, but cannot see them in any reports.

Joe

J_HinderJ_Hinder
You know, all of these contacts were entered on Accounts that were also entered programmatically. Could there be something missing in the Account records that might be keeping the Contacts from being available in my report?