function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JustinWilliams2381JustinWilliams2381 

Inserted contacts via the data loader don't show up on the opportunity contact role feature

I inserted over 80,000 contacts into our system with the apex data loader.  They are properly related to the account as far as I can see, but when I go to an opportunity and add new contact roles no one shoes up.  Usually when you add new contact roles all the contacts related to the account show up so you can just assign roles and the primary without doing a lookup.  If I manually create a lead then it does show up in the contact role list feature.

Thoughts?

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Check the user permissions and sharing access for viewing contacts... Maybe it is from there.

You need:

To add contact roles: “Edit” on the related object, such as accounts, cases, contracts, or opportunities

AND

“Read” on contacts

Adrian

JustinWilliams2381JustinWilliams2381

Indeed the issue was sharing rules but it's not that simple.  I have the standard Admin profile so I have view all and modify all permissions on everything.  It turns out, however, that the view all and modify all permissions amount to a hill of beans when it comes to opportunity contact roles.  That featre seems to stick to the standard sharing rules you setup despite any system permissions you've setup to bypass it.  So, once I gave myself edit permissions to those record types using the normal process i could see them again.