function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RevJoelRevJoel 

Case Escalation Rule Question

First off, I am using Professional Edition. OK, now that you're done laughing....

Second, I am attempting to create an escalation rule that states the following:

"If the owner of a case is not a queue and the Case Status is set to Open, send email to case owner stating that the case status must be set to something other than 'Open'"

Here is what I have so far for Rule Criteria:

1. Case Status EQUALS 'Open'

2. Case Owner DOES NOT CONTAIN tier,data,MSP,future,internal   (<---- These are the partial names of case queues that we have set up)

For some reason, notification emails are still being sent to the queue when the rule kicks in. It doesn't appear to be evaluating the rule properly.

What might I be doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Joel

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jeff MayJeff May

You can choose 'formula evaluates to true' instead of 'criteria are met' from the dropdown.  You can then use the 'Insert Field' and 'Insert Operator' as well as any of the listed functions to build the conditions.  The expression needs to evaluate to a true or false.

All Answers

Jeff MayJeff May

What Queue name is the email being sent to?

RevJoelRevJoel

I have it set to notify the case owner so it should go to either a queue or a Support Rep.

Jeff MayJeff May

You can add the following to the Escalation Rule so it only Escalates when the OwnerID is a User (not a Queue) sicne User IDs all start with 005..

LEFT(OwnerId,3) = '005' 

RevJoelRevJoel
How is it possible to enter this as an escalation rule when you have a table that gives you the following options: Field, Operator and Value? Am I missing something?
Jeff MayJeff May

You can choose 'formula evaluates to true' instead of 'criteria are met' from the dropdown.  You can then use the 'Insert Field' and 'Insert Operator' as well as any of the listed functions to build the conditions.  The expression needs to evaluate to a true or false.

This was selected as the best answer
RevJoelRevJoel
*blush. You'd think that after being an admin for 5 years, I'd know that.... Thanks JeffM. Consider this solved.