function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Benj BayfieldBenj Bayfield 

Speeding up App development

I have an existing stand-alone web application. I want to create an App to hook into the Salesforce.com CRM system. This will entail some IFrames, a new tab and an API link-up from the web app to the customer's CRM installation.

Because the system already exists, and all we're doing is just hooking up a few simple API calls, we were hoping to build this in just a few weeks.

We have just discovered that the turnaround for the Security Review is 5 - 7 weeks, blowing the project timescale from a few weeks to several months.

Assuming there is no way to speed this up, can we create a beta testing group of existing Salesforce.com clients for before or during the Security Review phase? Are they able to install the App another way?

Is there anything else we can do to speed up the process?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
*werewolf**werewolf*

You can still put up an AppExchange page and allow people to install the package, even before it goes through security review, and it will work just fine.  The security review (which in fact can take even more than 7 weeks in my experience, so gird yourself for a long haul) just gives you the right to post your package publicly.  Even a private AppExchange package can be found on Google though, so "private" isn't so private either!

All Answers

*werewolf**werewolf*

You can still put up an AppExchange page and allow people to install the package, even before it goes through security review, and it will work just fine.  The security review (which in fact can take even more than 7 weeks in my experience, so gird yourself for a long haul) just gives you the right to post your package publicly.  Even a private AppExchange package can be found on Google though, so "private" isn't so private either!

This was selected as the best answer
Benj BayfieldBenj Bayfield

Thanks *werewolf* that's exactly what I was looking for!