function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
krigikrigi 

problems with Force.com Integration Workbook (Heroku example, p. 5)

I am reasonably certain I am doing everything exactly as instructed.

Following the workbook line by line, by the time I reach page 5 and run the app:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet spring threw exception
	org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
	org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:405)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:964)
	org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:515)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:302)
	java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
	java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

This is surprising, typically the Force.com workbooks are flawless and following the examples works as expected.

Anyone else notice this, or is this user error?

PatcsPatcs

Hi

I am also gatting simillar kind of error, if you have resolved this issue please let me know the way to do it.

Thanks.

krigikrigi
Nice to know it's not just me.

The Force.com tutorials usually are flawless, this one might need work.

I didn't spend much time trying to work around it, instead I found a functional tutorial by James Ward @ Heroku, followed that one and am all set up and tinkering around.

IbigfootIbigfoot

Yeah, happened to me to.

It seemed the validator in the downloaded application was enforcing an unique constraint, where maybe it shouldn't have.

Didn't look into it too much, just removed the validation annotations from the java model and re-deployed to heroku.