function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
davcondevdavcondev 

Force.com Canvas Java Quick Start Template - how do I see the code?

To see the canvas in action I clicked the Heroku Quick Start button in Canvas App Previewer, and everything looks like it deployed ok.

Now I want to have a look at the Heroku app code to see how it works, but there doesn't seem to be any way from the Heroku Dashboard. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Also the developers guide says to get rid of the app, go into Admin Settings | Connected Apps and choose Uninstall - but this option isn't available in my developer org. Help?

davcondevdavcondev

Wrong group? Too n00b a question? No-one knows the answer?

jhurstjhurst

You can see the app code by downloading the source from Heroku.  To do this:

1. Install the Heroku Toolbelt

2. Login to the Toolbelt with your Heroku un/pw

3. clone the app to your local machine with - heroku git:clone appname

4. You will then have the source code on your local machine.

Hope this helps.

Jay

davcondevdavcondev

Thanks for the reply, but I almost wish you hadn't :) as I have spent a few hours trying to resolve a git:clone error without success.

"Permission denied (publickey). fatal: could not read from remote directory. Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists."

I'm giving up after several attempts at generating keys via various methods and creating directories and copying key files all over the place as per suggestions found on google. Not even going to attempt the Quick Start - Advanced section as I will surely hit the same issues.

If you already have the code then can you just post it up here so I can eyeball it?

jhurstjhurst
That is a tough issue. I have had that happen a couple of times, and you have to get the keys linked up correctly.

You can download the public Canvas Java example from https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceCanvasFrameworkSDK.

This will be the same as the code you would get from the heroku sync.

We can work together to get your heroku tool belt set up so that you can get past the issue. If you would like to, feel free to shoot me an email at jhurst[at]salesforce.com and we can set up a time to talk.

Hope this helps.

Jay