function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sbilsteinsbilstein 

Understanding API Limits and connected apps

I am building an application that I intend to market broadly accross many companies. 

1) Set up a Remote Application on my Salesforce instance

2) Create a website that allows anyone to go through the OAuth flow with my application credentials

3) Use the RESTful API to access a user's Salesforce data

I am confused as to where I run into API limits...am I limited on my ability to make calls to the API using my application key? Or will my application use up the limits of my customer's Salesforce instances? I need my application to be agonstic to the particular edition my customer is using.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
KrishSFDCKrishSFDC

Hi,

+1 to Sonam,

If your application is delting with Salesforce Data and if there are lot of requests sent to SF to retrieve the data or put in data into SF, then API calls will be consumed. you will have to keep an eye on the Api calls made for a request sent and the response revieved thorugh your App.

Thanks

Gopi

DBSync LLC

www.mydbsync.com

All Answers

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

If I understand your App model correctly, you are creating an app from your customers which will be installed on their ORG and calls will be made from their ORG - then you should not be worried about the API limits.

KrishSFDCKrishSFDC

Hi,

+1 to Sonam,

If your application is delting with Salesforce Data and if there are lot of requests sent to SF to retrieve the data or put in data into SF, then API calls will be consumed. you will have to keep an eye on the Api calls made for a request sent and the response revieved thorugh your App.

Thanks

Gopi

DBSync LLC

www.mydbsync.com

This was selected as the best answer