function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BretonBreton 

Office 2007 Mailmerge

Hello All,

I'm trying to do a simple mailmerge using a template that worked in office 2003. After upgrading to 2007 I receive the following error message:

Exception:CMMHost::GenMailMerge:Exception Object variable or With block variable not set

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
octopusoctopus
I'm having the same issue - did anyone have any suggestions for you?
BretonBreton

Nothing yet. I would really like this to work as downgrading office would be a real pain.

octopusoctopus
FYI...

Thank you for contacting salesforce support. Office/Outlook 2007 is not yet supported by salesforce.com. Our tech team is working on the plug-in "Outlook edition 3.0" at the moment and are trying to release it as soon as possible. There is no release date right now, but we are aiming for early spring. However this might change at any time I hope this will help you out. If any questions remain please feel free to contact me again.

Thank you,
Salesforce.com

CTU007CTU007
I got the same error message, so we can not do anything about it???
CTU007CTU007

My users are not willing to downgrade to office 2003, or it is not possible to downgrade?

This is not funny.... Mail merge not working, **bleep**....

adamgadamg
I'm not an expert on Office Edition, but I think there is an update due in ~3 months. 
AtidanAtidan
I am amazed that salesforce has not yet released Outlook 2007 integration. 
CTU007CTU007
Come on, Atidan, this is really a pain in the xxxxx. Do you have any solution?
Dave_0101Dave_0101
Salesforce is months late in development for Office 2007.  This worries me, as we're evaluating SF right now.  The next best option (as far as we can tell) is MSCRM... which of course has had a working Office 2007 client package for over a month now (not to mention the working betas before that).

What I can't fathom is how the SF devs missed the deadlines for O2K7 so badly?  I could almost see them missing the release date for all the volume licensees (there'd really be no excuse for that), but then missing the retail release too?  By literally months and months?  All other things being equal, this does not bode well for a company touting both fast dev cycles and seamless Office integration.  In point of fact, I'm reasonably certain I could have written at least working mail merge myself by now, much less three months from now.  It's not as if the release dates and dev specs for O2K7 have been secret for the past six months or so.

Frustratingly, at this point we'd much prefer to use SF, but no working mail merge for months is a probably going to be a show-stopper.  I have to imagine it is the same for many other places.  It may be unfortunate, silly or even ill-advised, but the world starts and stops around Microsoft Office... and waits for nobody else.  I'd suggest the dev team stays a couple hours late this week and tables a reasonably stable beta as soon as humanly possible, as they're way behind schedule.  Every day they go empty-handed is new client revenue, and current clients' faith, lost.
AtidanAtidan
I got this note a few days before Vista retail release day in late Jan!

Thank you for contacting salesforce.com. On Nov.6 Microsoft announced Office 2007 would be in trial in the US and Canada as of Dec.1, with plans for a general release in "early 2007". Some salesforce.com customers may have trial copies of Office 2007. Currently salesforce.com does not support this trial version with our released products. We are in active testing with the latest versions Microsoft has released, with plans to fully support our Office Edition and Outlook Edition with Office 2007 in the future. Our intention is to make our updated plug-ins available as soon as possible after the announced Microsoft "early 2007" GA date. If you have any further questions regarding this issue, please reply to this email or call (800) 667-6389
L0t3kL0t3k

You got that in late January?  Wow.

I have to imagine the sales reps at SF are a little aggravated with the dev team right now.

fabs0192fabs0192

Dave_0101, I totally understand your frustration. I'm also in the evaluation period with salesforce and cannot believe they haven't mastered integration with 2007.

I'm gonna go with MSCRM.

MchesMches
I have not been able to install the SFDC Outlook tool-bar; any suggestions?
KWesKWes

I'm getting nervous too. Common, my users all want to switch to the very nice office 2007 suite, but we need mailmerge!

Give us a beta at least!

nicklsnickls

I have just been in touch with SF to get the APEX connector to work with Outlook, now I find I cannot Mailmerge, which for me means no quoting!

Is there ANY solution for this yet?

Chris151Chris151
nickls,

So you were able to install the Outlook Connector? I have been trying since the limited release came out.

I contacted support, they said:

"It looks like we are having some problems with customers using the limited release. I will let you know if I hear any updates. Otherwise the full release should happen this month."

Please let me know. Thanks.

CongaMarkCongaMark
There's a new solution that provides full mail merge functionality for Salesforce, Conga Mail Merge On Demand, on the AppExchange. There's a free version now, too.