function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bennyfajbennyfaj 

High memory usage with Citrix Environment Problem

Hi,

We are experiencing some problems in our citrix environment since the implementation of salesforce. We use Citrix version XPe with a memory of 125MB per user.

The current problems are :

1/ De Excel connector is available for some users, depending on the server which is allocated by the load balancing. We have reinstalled the program several times, but that didn't solve the problem.

2/ We have the same problem in Word.

3/ We notice an exponential growth in the memory usage on our servers.

Each user, independent of being a salesforce user, apparently has a double memory usage in Word, Excel and Outlook. This double memory usage happens as from the moment when word, excel and outlook have been opened, even if they are not working in salesforce.

Is there someone having same kind of issue and solutions ?

regards

Benny

CandyCandy
I too am trying to install SalesForce.com desktop integration tools (Lotus Notes and Outlook) on my CITRIX box for my users to use with their email.  Has anyone been successful in getting these connectors to install for each user on a CITRIX server?
LP360LP360

Hi,

I am not sure why the high memory usage with th salesforce.com connector tools, however, the LinkPoint for salesforce.com is fully citrix compatible. You can download an evaluation and test it within your citrix environment.

Thanks,

Glenn

www.linkpoint360.com

CandyCandy
We've been evaluating Linkpoint in a CITRIX environment for Lotus Notes R7 and our sales guys seem to really like it.  We have two more people testing this week.  I would recommend giving it a try. It doesn't appear to be overloading our CITRIX system.  However, large attachements (as with any system) will get slower as the size increases.