function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmarz_1cmarz_1 

Auto word merge email attachment

I am wondering if anyone on the boards has any good ideas as to how I can approach this problem.  We want our Sales Reps to be able to send our NDA's to potential customers with just a click of a button.  I envision a custom link or button on an opportunity that when clicked could use our standard NDA (MS word format), merge in the appropriate fields (Customer Name, Address, etc) and then attach the word file to an email.  The email could be a standard Salesforce email or it could simply open up an new Outlook email (using some javascript and mailto link). In either case all the Sales rep would need to do is click send. Does this sound possible?  If so what would be my best approach to building something like this?
mshelmanmshelman

One easy solution is to leverage the existing Salesforce Word-based mail merge capabilities. This ulitmately opens a mail merge doc in Word on the user's desktop. A simple macro could be installed in Word that would automate Outlook to send the doc as an attachment if you want a one-click solutiion from that point.

Mike

cmarz_1cmarz_1
I was hoping to avoid this because the Mail Merge integration only works with IE and only about half the sales team uses IE. 
cmarz_1cmarz_1
I just found something called Extended Mail Merge that Salesforce.com can apparently turn on for an organization.  I just emailed support but according to the Extended Mail Merge solution I found it should do everything I was asking for.  We will see...
Admin009Admin009

Hi cmarz_1

Did you manage to find a solution for generating NDA for your sales reps?

cmarz_1cmarz_1
No the extended mail merge didn't work for us and we eventually dropped the project.