function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tomsweetmaptektomsweetmaptek 

Anyone have a connector that can copy a case from SalesForce to Microsoft Team Foundation Server?

Anyone have a connector that can copy a case from SalesForce to Microsoft Team Foundation Server?

I will be happy if I can copy a title over?

I searched and did not find anything specifically.

Thanks

tom

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
iPalyamiPalyam

Hey Tom,

I was looking for something similar a few weeks ago. Apparently there is no app or pre-built connector out of the box that lets you do this.

You will have to use webservices that tap into the Salesforce API. Also look at outbound messaging in the docs.

Hope this helps! 

All Answers

iPalyamiPalyam

Hey Tom,

I was looking for something similar a few weeks ago. Apparently there is no app or pre-built connector out of the box that lets you do this.

You will have to use webservices that tap into the Salesforce API. Also look at outbound messaging in the docs.

Hope this helps! 

This was selected as the best answer
tomsweetmaptekNtomsweetmaptekN

Thank you I was able to VS2008 and connect to a TFS 2010B2 server and move some things over for proof of concept using some demo code from TFS and SF.

I am trying to push TFS here.

christoph29christoph29
Hi Tom, can you provide more specific detail on how you managed this integration. i am thinking of introducing SFDC, but ideally needs to hook into TFS. I need to put together a simply POC to present internally to prove this would work, any info you have would be great. regards chris
tomsweetmaptekNtomsweetmaptekN

I did not do a whole lot with it.  I was able to get it to work with VS2008 and TFS 2010B2.  I had an issue with VS2010B2 that appeared to be a bug in the beta, because the same code compiled in VS2008.

I copied the TFS work item API demo that I found somewhere on the MSDN site or an affiliate blog.  I then took code from the instructions for the Salesforce API and created the WSDL, then pieced them together.  I needed to get the maximum security Privilege  from salesforce for our site in order to create the WSDL.

If you email me at Tom d0t Sweet AT Maptek d0t Com, I will see about sending you the api project and what I did.

I have not looked at this in months however.  I have some really hacked code to get you started.  All I needed to do was prove I could connect and I did copied cases over from sales force and wrote them to TFS.

mm123mm123

Hi,

We just completed a similar  integration for our client , where we developed a component to sync support call tickets from MS TFS to SFDC.

Please drop an email to learn more

MV

nj.tech@hotmail.com

DOTNET_SF_DEVDOTNET_SF_DEV

Can you pls. share the code with me. I am looking forward to integrate TFS with SF development env.

Pls. provide me with details of how you managed to integrate both the systems to talk to each other. Thanks..!!

hxnhxn

Check out an existing solution like Hubcase and their AppExchange app Hubcase for Salesforce.

Hubcase Exchange allows you to escalate or share cases to partners not using salesforce. It can serve as your post office for you to send cases out of your Salesforce to other systems.