function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
K_V_RK_V_R 

CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY Error message: entity type cannot be inserted: Account

HI,

Iam using a simple code in .net for creating a new account in salesforce.com.While iam calling this  method iam getting below error "CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY Error message: entity type cannot be inserted: Account " .

Any suggestions.

SuperfellSuperfell

Your user account doesn't have rights to insert new accounts, check your profile settings.

JamesCoopeViconJamesCoopeVicon

I have a similar error message when setting the account address to a related account address.

"entity type cannot be updated: Account" but I am an administrator with edit all account access? 

I have also tried adding myself the account team with read write access. This does not help.

I have only been getting this error since the summer 2010 release.

Any ideas what could be causing it? 

Thanks

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Just make sure that if there is any activity or task is related to your code then all fields should be visible(Task , Event and Activity) to System administrator. This will resolve your problem.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

AnithaThanAnithaThan

Make Sure you are creating Account with proper data (If using Lookup / Master Detail) , i faced same issue and it get resolved later. The problem is when creating object i am not refering to proper id where Object relations is present.

Ex: Acount , Contact have relation and u need to make the relatioship properly between them. 

tggagnetggagne

I just had this problem.  It turns out the Account record type wasn't assigned to the user's profile.  I assigned, saved, and all was well.

squarewavesquarewave
tggagne, can you elaborate on your solution?