function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sandeep kumarsandeep kumar 

Integrating google app engine with Force.com GET is inappropriate for the URL /login.

I am trying to a small POC on what i heard was Force.com and Google app engine integration. I created a site on appspot.com and configured the SVN on my Eclipse and was able to successfully create a Project in Eclipse from the toolkit source code. When i try to ligin to Salesforce from my Python code fromlocalmachine it works fine but when i deploy the application to my appspot.com site as an app engine application from appcfg.py, it says "The request method GET is inappropriate for the URL /login."

Can somebody help!
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ron HessRon Hess

your web app looks like it is missing a declaration for get on the /login url from the sound of the error message.

The first step is to get the simple login app up and running on appengine,

the src is here

http://code.google.com/p/force-app-engine/source/browse/trunk/force-app-engine/python/simple_login.py

is this what you used?

no need to make your own app until you have a simple login working.

if you wrote your app from scratch, would have to look at some of your sources to be of more help.

All Answers

Ron HessRon Hess

your web app looks like it is missing a declaration for get on the /login url from the sound of the error message.

The first step is to get the simple login app up and running on appengine,

the src is here

http://code.google.com/p/force-app-engine/source/browse/trunk/force-app-engine/python/simple_login.py

is this what you used?

no need to make your own app until you have a simple login working.

if you wrote your app from scratch, would have to look at some of your sources to be of more help.

This was selected as the best answer
sandeep kumarsandeep kumar
Thanks a bunch