function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jnguyen32jnguyen32 

Convert Lead to Person Account

Could someone point me in the right direction/provide advice for converting a lead to a person account?

Thank you in advance.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
camy2079camy2079

Try creating a lead with the Company field blank, upon conversion this will then convert the lead to a person account.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charles

All Answers

toddmcgrathtoddmcgrath

I need this too.  Any pointers? 

camy2079camy2079

Try creating a lead with the Company field blank, upon conversion this will then convert the lead to a person account.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charles

This was selected as the best answer
Rakesh ERakesh E

Hi ,

i also need to convert lead to a person account.

you are saying to create a "Lead" with company field as blank, but company field is mandatory on lead. so how can i do this.

please let me know if there is any possibility.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rakesh

Harshad PrabhudesaiHarshad Prabhudesai

Go to Page Layout and Uncheck Required box for Company Field and remove that field from layout 

Scott325Scott325

It is not possible to prevent the Company field from being required either in the field edit screen or the page layout screen. That checkbox is checked and grayed out in the page layout screen, and there is no "required" checkbox on the field edit screen.

GopalRaturiGopalRaturi

When Person account is activated in org. Company field becomes required from page layout so you can uncheck the required flag from page layout and then this lead can be converted into person account.

Scott325Scott325

That's not true. I have the Person account activated in my org. The only thing you can change in the Field edit screen is the help text. In the Page Layout screen for leads, the only thing you can edit with the company field is whether it is read-only, and you cannot remove it from the page.

Nick(1302) JohnNick(1302) John
I just read that you can only create a Lead with a blank Company filed using the Force.com API
Chris GaffneyChris Gaffney
I am also looking to do this. How does one use the "Force.com API" to enable this feature?
Gulshan KrishnagiriGulshan Krishnagiri
i clicked on convert without company name and it states me....the leads is not yet converted. does conversion takes time?