function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Software EngineSoftware Engine 

Help

Hi,

I'm developing a webservice which reads data from a database and exports to a excel sheet.  
I have to create an excelsheet using vb.net.  But on target system i should not install MS Office for rerencing the excel.exe.

Dim exlapp as New Microsoft.office.excel.application
exlbook=exlapp.NewBook()

If we create a excel sheet in the above scenario we need to install MS office on the target system(deployment system.)
Client is not accepting to install MS office for just creating an excel sheet.

So i should follow other method to creating excel sheet . In which scenario no need to install microsoft office in the deployment system.
So i am  creating  excel sheet like  by taking a new project from  VS 2005 ->New Project->Office ->Excel workbook.
Which creates a dll to launch the excelsheet. I have to pass the cell values dynamically to the sheet .
So i have written a method Fill( ) in the sheet1.vb class which can accept the values as arguments.
I created a client appliction and referencing the excel.dll and invoking the method to pass the values.
But its asking for to reference Microsoft.Office.Excel 8.0.0. version. Why so?

Can any body help me.

Thanks in advance,
SuperfellSuperfell
That still needs Office to be installed. You might want to look at the Software Artisans products for creating office documents programatically. http://www.softartisans.com/