function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kito kidkito kid 

Use Java in Apex class

As I am new bie to Salesforce platform, I have one question.

Can we just use plain Java Langauge in Apex class?

As I don't understand it clearly, it would be so helpful for me.

If not, in which cases Java Development is used in Salesforce?

any other requirements to use Java in Apex classes?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

Yes, You are right.

Java or any other language is used just to build integration clients to salesforce. These integration clients use the Salesforce API to connect to salesforce. Apart from that Java is not used to write apex classes or any other custom code within salesforce itself.

Regards,

Satish Kumar

Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.

All Answers

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

Hi,

You will have to use the language 'Apex' in any apex classes in salesforce. Apex is quite similar to java although there a few differences. If you know Java picking up Apex should be easy.

If you would like to develop your own custom softwares to connect to salesforce, you can use the Salesforce provided API's. In this case, the custom software can be coded in any language of your preference (Java included). The language should ofcourse support webservices.

Regards,

Satish Kumar

Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.

kito kidkito kid

Hi Satsh,

So we can use other langauages like Java just to call out API of Salesforce.

The flow is like The program or service that has written is Java is connecting to Salesforce.

Am I correct?

I just want to make sure as my understanding is correct before I start out my journey for salesforce.

Thanks.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

Yes, You are right.

Java or any other language is used just to build integration clients to salesforce. These integration clients use the Salesforce API to connect to salesforce. Apart from that Java is not used to write apex classes or any other custom code within salesforce itself.

Regards,

Satish Kumar

This was selected as the best answer