function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Silabs AdminSilabs Admin 

Only one Chatter Answers component may appear on a page

Hello!

I am trying to display multiple chatter communities on force.com site. Any idea how I can do that? If I try to have multiple "chatteranswers:allfeeds" tag on VF page I get this error "Only one Chatter Answers component may appear on a page"

A customer portal user can see community picker, but not un-registered user (force.com site). Please advice.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AntonyAntony

Hello,

As your rightfully noticed, in a customer portal context, you will have a community switcher, this is due to the fact that the page itself is not a visualforce page and therefore cannot be customized. 

On a force.com context, Chatter Answers is exposed through visualforce and every community will have its own page. To navigate between different community, it is just a matter of adding a navigation module (top or left is the easiest), that will point to the visualforce pages of the other communities. 

A Home page can also be created with visualforce, and it's usually a good practice to do so, that will have links to all the communities ad well as potentially most popular question, recent questions, featured articles and other useful modules for your users.

Best,

All Answers

AntonyAntony

Hello,

As your rightfully noticed, in a customer portal context, you will have a community switcher, this is due to the fact that the page itself is not a visualforce page and therefore cannot be customized. 

On a force.com context, Chatter Answers is exposed through visualforce and every community will have its own page. To navigate between different community, it is just a matter of adding a navigation module (top or left is the easiest), that will point to the visualforce pages of the other communities. 

A Home page can also be created with visualforce, and it's usually a good practice to do so, that will have links to all the communities ad well as potentially most popular question, recent questions, featured articles and other useful modules for your users.

Best,

This was selected as the best answer
Silabs AdminSilabs Admin

Thanks Antony,

This helps. Can you please shed some more light on "Home Page". Are you sying create custom VF page? becasue site.com does not have concept of home page. I can have links on standard home page, but this is true only for portal users.

Besides the documentation, can you point me to chatter answers best practise? Appreciate your inputs.

AntonyAntony

Yes, the home page would be a Visualforce page you create.

when you edit the force.com site settings in setup, you will find a "Active Site Home Page" which would be your website home.. Can be anything.

Cheers