function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tanmayeetanmayee 

how to connect from production to sandbox using salesforce to salesforce feature

we need to migrate the data from production to sandbox account for testing. We tried to connect from production to sandbox using salesforce to salesforce feature but getting the following error

"Salesforce to Salesforce: Partner org is not active and no API calls are allowed. The partner org is not active and no api operations are permitted"

does anyone have any idea why we are getting this error and how to get rid of this.

tks

snippets@sfsnippets@sf

I Think you need Need to Refresh the sandbox under data management in Production org. 

Admin Setup --Data Management --Sandbox.

Make sure its  a "Full Sandbox" and not a Config Box.

If you are not looking for refresh.

you can take/download a backup all the objects data and import it in your sandbox using Dataloader.

but this would invlove lot of mapping on related records.

Hope this helps

tanmayeetanmayee

thanks snippets for the quick reply. Yes the sandbox is a Full copy sandbox. We do not want to use DataLoader as thisrequires a lot of mapping. We want to achieve this by writting apex class.

snippets@sfsnippets@sf
Did you try Refreshing the sandbox. under
Admin Setup --Data Management --Sandbox.
Thats how we get the complete data of Production to Sandbox.

Note : This Refresh is Time Based, also you would loose the config + data existing in sandbox. But good side is you will get the Exact fresh copy of production.

Where as Writing an Apex Class would cost Development efforts & Time.
Imagine you have large data sets then you need to create Batch Classes and schedulers.
It sounds tricky to me.
tanmayeetanmayee

we did a refresh but that did not help us :(. we want to migrate the data from one org to another and for that first we want to test 

it in a sandbox account.

tanmayeetanmayee

I found a solution for my issue. We can connect from production to sandbox account using Rest Web Service.

M PadakannayaM Padakannaya
Hello tanmayee, Could you please share your solution in the thred? We've been testing with sandbox to sandbox all this time and just realised that it isn't possible with production and sandbox when we were about to go live